If you just want to write a correction, addition or a new article
- Just do it. Register and edit away. The edits will show after an editor approves it. Make sure it follows the Rules.
- After a while you might be promoted to be able to edit page tags and a few other features might be enabled
- There is moderation enabled so don't bother vandalizing pages. Thanks.
If you want to join as a contributor (Confirmed User) to the wiki:
- Read the entirety of the Rules. There are no further rules but please be civil.
- Register HERE
- Let us know in the #op-help chat with your wiki username, an Editor will sort you out
If you wish to join the wiki team as an Editor, please do the following:
- Read the entirety of the Rules. You will be curating other people’s content and we need to do it right. Also, you have to be a member of OPP Community Team to join as Editor (for now)
- Register HERE
- Confirm your account via email link
- Ping @JLish on discord, in #op-com-wiki, mention the username you chose for the wiki, I will give you roles and confirm it in discord.
- That’s it, you can start writing articles and review the edits. You can use help pages if you’re struggling with some concepts on the wiki, or ask @JLish for clarification.
To get a person on board as a Confirmed User (for editors):
- Preferably, chat with the person, and see if they can follow our rules.
- Link them to our Rules (or edited version for joining, if we make it at a later date)
- After they register, go User Rights Special page, type in their username
- Add a “confirmed user” group, specify their in-game name in Reason field (if it’s different from wiki name)
- Save user groups